The choice of lawnmowers, as well as multiple other power tools, have given Efco a good standing among the garden tools brands. If you want a serious tool for the job, you might want to look at Efco. There are notable competitors in the chain saws market, however. Some of them include Poulan, Husqvarna, Dolmar, Ryobi, Stihl, McCulloch and Makita. Chainsaws are no exceptions with them, and they offer a lot of choice for various categories. However, in this Efco chainsaw review we’ll focus on the Efco MT4100SP. This is one of the best choices you can go for. It is compact, and only 16 inches in length with the chain end. It is made as an eco-friendly alternative to the competition, and it fulfills that with ease.
Why is it unique?
The MT4100SP was primarily made since none of the competitors think much about eco-conscious. The engine technology is excellent. There is a 40% fuel consumption reduction, besides the 75% emissions reduction.
Specifications of the Efco MT4100SP
The engine displacement is 39cc, and it outputs a total of 2.4hp. This is enough for medium, or maybe large size trees. You can also cut firewood with it, with ease. You could opt for 14 inch or 16 inch chainsaw chain bar. The engine revs up to 12,500 RPM, which is fairly enough to let it cut with ease.
Efco had user comfort in mind when they made the chainsaw. It is compact and light enough for people to be able to complete their jobs with ease. Overhead cuts and trims are completely fine, as it is light enough. You can lift it above your head with no problems at all. It is true, though, that it is a little on the pricey side. However, it does everything you ask for with ease, while staying on the eco side of things.
Pros and cons
As with any other, to make this Efco chainsaw review complete, let’s have a look at the pros and cons of the MT4100SP. Afterwards, you will have a clear image of whether you should be buying it, and if it’s the right choice for you.
- Environment friendly design isn’t something you see a lot. 75% less emissions and 40% less fuel consumption is very welcome on the market
- This Efco chainsaw weighs a mere 4.2kg, and the design is very compact. All in all, it is perfectly comfortable to use, no matter what you need it for
- Durability isn’t a concern. Tougher applications are quite possible, and the design is durable and robust enough for them
- There’s an anti-kickback protection, which might come in handy during some tougher applications. This isn’t very common among competitors, which should be noted. Chainsaw safety is obviously a priority here
- An adjustable chain is great, and it means you can simply turn a wheel and tighten it as you wish. This is made possible with the mounted chain tensioner
- The engine starts with ease, and you won’t have to wait for it, thanks to the easy start recoil system
- The Oregon chain and bar used here are the best on the market. They guarantee your cuts are done both effortlessly, and quickly
- Anti-vibration system and ergonomic design are both here. They’ll make sure you’re as comfortable as possible while using the chain saw
- The only potential negative side might be the price. It is on the more expensive end, which may be a problem for some
Rounding up the Efco chainsaw review
To sum up the review, there’s only one logical conclusion. If you’re okay with the price, don’t think too much – get it. It’s an eco-conscious, powerful and durable machine. It doesn’t get much better than this.